Welcome to the Kleber & Associates blog! Here’s the latest onRemodeling Show & DeckExpo 2011 Outlook
For the past couple of years, I’ve been particularly fascinated with the Remodeling Show – perhaps more so than other industry events. Due to our economic climate, the undeniable increase in remodeling and renovation over new home purchases, and general uncertainty, it’s often a relief to experience how our industry of home and building professionals continues to block and tackle through it all.
I’m pleased to see brands such as the ones listed below to dedicate time, people and resources to a tradeshow such as the Remodeling Show, as it is a direct result of their commitment to marketing and innovation.
Simple updates for the home
- WoodTrac: Possibly the simplest way to get that “wow factor” in an office or room in the basement is by replacing standard drop-tiles with a customizable ceiling system that mimics the coffered look.
- CedarSafe: Using specially designed panels in a closet help for organization, but those made of Aromatic Eastern Redcedar is scientifically proven to repel unwanted pests from your belongings.
- Hy-Lite: Decorative glass windows can increase energy savings and provide privacy, all while looking stylish.
- Thermique Technologies: Using heated glass technology, Thermique offers luxurious glass towel warmers, space heaters and heater plates for residential and commercial settings.
- STEP Warmfloor: Bringing the heat under your feet is STEP Warmfloor, whose products are designed to produce radiant heat under all floor types while maintaining low-voltage use.
And I’d be amiss to not mention the Deck Expo, which occurs on the floor simultaneously with the Remodeling Show. We can expect to witness the latest in decking technology and sustainability, as decking brands are continually working to improve their products’ durability, beauty and resistance to the elements. A few I’m especially looking forward to checking out:
- KLEER Decking: “Thinking beyond wood,” KLEER utilizes cellular PVC for its decks as well, which contains no organic fillers and is up to 40 percent lighter than wood-plastic-composites.
- Gossen: Decking, moulding, weatherstrips and railings by Gossen are made from cellular PVC, making its full line of building materials low maintenance and resistant to mold, stains, fading and water damage.
- GeoDeck: Mechanically engineered in an environmentally-friendly fashion, GeoDeck’s composite decking has exceptional color retention and resistance to decay.
What’s a deck without accessories?
- CAMO Fasteners: At the show, CAMO will introduce its brand new hidden fastening tool, the CAMO Marksman™ Pro-NB , created specifically for narrow deck boards.
- Highpoint Deck Lighting: The deck and landscape lighting company will also feature new products at the event, including new LED lights for recessed step lighting, under railing lighting or as a deck surface mount.
Outdoor living is still very much alive, even as the colder months arrive.
- Archadeck: From covered patios to screened-in porches and sunrooms, Archadeck proves that outdoor living doesn’t stop when summer ends.
- DANVER: When the air gets a little too cool for comfort, DANVER offers patio heaters from EvenGLOthat pair nicely with its complete line of stainless steel cabinetry, grills and kitchens for outdoor living.
- Fortress Railing Products: Whether you spend time outside or not, attractive fences and railing systems can add great curb appeal to the home.