I look forward to the annual Kitchen and Bath Industry Show every year, anxious to see which trends and products will prevail. As homeowners continue to remodel and upgrade, they’ll focus on the two most-used rooms of the home: the kitchen and the bathroom. Because of this, we should see some big splashes in product innovation at the show.
In an earlier post, I wrote about NKBA’s top 10 trends for the year. I think they’re pretty spot on, but want to share a few specific companies and products that I think will shine at K/BIS in a few weeks.
In no particular order…
- Native Trails – We met the Native Trails team at Greenbuild last year, and were so impressed with the craftsmanship and simple elegance of their bath and sink accessories. The company uses reclaimed wood and hand-hammered copper to create beautiful kitchen and bath elements. (K/BIS Booth S3844)
- Enkeboll Designs – The superior craftsmanship is what makes Enkeboll’s products worth a look at K/BIS. The company manufactures architectural accents that will complement virtually any home’s style. From moldings to panels and columns… Enkeboll’s attention to detail is seen in everything they produce. (K/BIS Booth S344)
- Gerber Plumbing Fixtures – Gerber is well-known for its high-efficiency toilets and will be revealing two new ones at K/BIS. But the company also manufactures bathroom fixtures – in fact, three new faucet lines will debut at the show. Gerber is a partner in the U.S. EPA WaterSense Program and takes water savings seriously with its professional-grade products. (K/BIS Booth S2244)
- Kropp Woodworking – This is custom-made at its finest. Paul Kropp and his team not only produce beautiful cabinets and countertops, but they’re made from local wood and with safe, eco-friendly materials. I hear the company is launching a new product at the show sure to impress! (K/BIS Booth S114)
- Danver Stainless Steel Cabinetry – The stainless steel cabinetry company offers contemporary and sleek products that look great in the kitchen or out. Expected to be on display at the show are the company’s cabinetry, pizza ovens, grills and shelving for outdoor living. They’ll even help you design your custom outdoor kitchen complete with a fire pit. (K/BIS Booth S663)
- Cosentino – Another great company we met with at Greenbuild, Cosentino is showing off its new line of countertops made with 75% recycled raw material. The company is recognized in many ways for its sustainable practices and products which look as great as they are safe for the environment. (K/BIS Booth S623)
- Warmly Yours – Radiant floor heating could make all the difference when it comes to creating a warm and welcoming home. Warmly Yours’ heating products can be installed under tile, carpet, laminate, stone or hardwood and give off comfortable heat in the kitchen, bath or any other room in the house. (K/BIS Booth S233)
- KraftMaid Cabinetry – The company’s cabinets were featured prominently in House Beautiful’s Kitchen of the Year in 2009. At the Kitchen & Bath Show, they’ll likely prove why these cabinets were chosen for the project. KraftMaid offers hundreds of solutions for customizing your cabinet’s color, finish and function. (K/BIS Booth S1210)