Welcome to the Kleber & Associates blog! Here’s the latest on 10 To See at KBIS 2012
As the best in the industry make their way to Chicago next week, we’ve narrowed down 10 brands that deserve your attention at the show. The Kitchen and Bath Industry Show is one of my personal favorites, and after 20+ years of attending, I’m confident there will be plenty to report when we return. If you’re attending, leave a comment below so we can meet up or grab coffee. And if you plan on keeping up with the show from home, my team and I will be tweeting along the way… follow us @stevekleber or @kleberteam.
- Silestone by Cosentino (booth 1719) offers more than 70 colors of natural quartz surfaces, designed especially for kitchens and bathrooms. But aesthetics are just the beginning… Silestone quartz provides clean, safe surfaces with built-in Microban protection and GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certification.
- Cambria (booth 413) is one of the countertop industry leaders, proving that possibilities are endless when it comes to hard surfaces. Releasing brand new designs throughout the year, Cambria will have an array of designs and colors in quartz and stone to show off at the show.
- Often the most important parts of a whole go unnoticed. Blum (booth 731) manufactures such components for kitchen cabinetry, in that we don’t always notice their beauty, but sure do appreciate their function. Its systems include smooth and silent drawer closings, hinges with “Blumotion,” and drawer runners.
- Another option for the ultimate in hinges and drawer systems comes from Grass America (2644), which offers products in elegant finishes such as champagne and stainless steel. Its NEXIS hinge system, in particular, has been meticulously crafted to support frameless cabinetry.
- What hinges do for functionality, Berenson (booth 3401) does for beauty. Partnering with Susan G. Komen for the Cure®, Berenson is debuting five new collections of decorative hardware at KBIS, each uniquely inspired by a breast cancer survivor. The women will even be available at the booth to share their stories.
- Ronbow (booth 1644) takes a worldly view on bathroom products and vanities. From Asian to Old World European, the brand offers a wide selection of sinks, bath console systems, and cabinetry in a variety of materials to piece together a dream bathroom.
- And what good is a fantastic sink or bathtub without decorative tile to cover the wall or floor? Artisitc Tile (booth 3118), offers a gorgeous array of porcelain, glass, stone and tile collections ideal for the bathroom, and just as perfect installed in the kitchen.
- Speaking of the kitchen, several appliance manufacturers are exhibiting their latest pieces at KBIS. True Professional Series (booth 423), in particular, serves the “prosumer.” This professional consumer appreciates True’s commercial-grade, restaurant-approved line of refrigerators, wine cabinets and beverage centers.
- Just as important as refrigeration are the appliances that help cook and clean in the kitchen. Dacor’s (booth 726) line of luxury kitchen appliances encompasses electric cooktops, dishwashers, wall ovens, ranges, and more… each of which are designed with different consumers in mind. KBIS attendees can learn more about these consumers and their habits at the UNcontainted exhibit anchoring the center of the show floor (Dacor is a sponsor).
- Let’s keep in mind, too, that not all kitchens belong indoors. Danver (booth 4131) proves that outdoor living spaces are equally as important as the interior ones. Displaying its stainless steel cabinetry in maintenance-free finishes, Walpole pergolas and new Glastender bartending station at the show, Danver will undoubtedly get everyone in the mood for outdoor entertaining.