Welcome to the Kleber & Associates blog! Are you using LinkedIn for personal public relations? If you are, here’s the latest.
LinkedIn has been getting a lot of media attention lately. Most importantly, LinkedIn is quickly becoming a vehicle for personal public relations and professional networking. Networking has become somewhat of a buzz word lately in all industries – to get a job you need to network, to get a new customer you need to network, to maintain your existing customers… yep, you guessed it. And many companies are familiar with social networking websites, 44% of companies believe a Facebook page is important for their business and 38% believe a Twitter page is.
LinkedIn is a place for individuals to search for a job, and businesses use it to connect with their employees, clients and other businesses both in and out side of their own industry. But, just like with any other advertising venue, there are always things you can do to increase your chance of success. Leon Spencer recently outlined a few tips to help your LinkedIn profile gain the attention it deserves. Here is a brief overview of his ideas:
1. Complete your profile. Make sure your profile contains all the information that your contacts or potential contacts need. Your profile is your first impression, and it can make or break your relationships.
2. Join Groups. LinkedIn has a wide variety of groups in every industry and for every interest. Involve your company in the conversations within the groups. If you don’t find a group that pertains to your business or customers, start one – become the leader!
3. Ask and Answer Questions. Get involved in the discussions in your groups and in your network. These discussions allow you to both discover and offer valuable information.
4. Reply to Messages. If clients or businesses are asking you questions – answer them!
5. Complete Your Profile with Testimonials and Applications. Asking current or former employers to recommend you is an excellent way to establish credibility and showcase the quality of your work. Applications from Twitter and WordPress allow you to integrate your other online marketing initiatives right in to your LinkedIn page. And integration equals continuity!
Join the conversation with us in the Home and Building Products News group to expand your experience of LinkedIn!
Kleber & Associates is an Atlanta-based integrated marketing communications agency serving the home and building products industry for 25 years. Visit the Kleber & Associates website for the latest news and information about marketing for home and building products for consumers, architects, builders, remodelers, designers and manufacturers. Through our marketing, advertising, public relations and digital marketing expertise — we build better brands that build a better home.